Tips on writing a book
You want to write books? These are my tips for you:
1) Think of a title. Often this first step gets your imagination started.
2) What will your story be about? Describe the content in three or four sentences. How should it end?
3) Who is the main characer or hero? Is it only one person or a team? Do you know how they should look like or what they like to do? Write a short profile about everyone.
4) You are looking for ideas? They are everywhere! Try to catch them! Look around! Listen to what people talk about! Something I hear often sparks new ideas in my head.
5) How should you begin your story? Some authors are brooding for weeks on their first sentence. I think: Just sit down and start to write! You can always do some changes afterwards.
6) What should you do if you are stuck or aren't able to continue writing? If you get tired, just let it be. Put the pages into a box and maybe decorate it beautifully. Even a half finished story has earned itself some nice treatment. Maybe you want to continue later. If you really don't know how to write further, do something completely different. Go outside, play, read, phone someone, sing, take a shower. Sometimes these distractions help you to overcome a writing blockade.
7) How long should your story be? There are no rules! Just write as much as you want.
8) Spelling errors? it is important, that you write your ideas down. Spelling errors and punctuation come afterwards. Just don't forget to read your story again, before showing it to anyone.
9) To whom should you show your completed story? Just about anyone you trust. Real friends will tell you honestly tell you their opinion. If its not praise, but something to improve, stay cool! Listen closely what they tell you. Do you want to do these changes? Then do it! If not, just leave your story like it is.
10) How can you get your book published? To be honest, the chances are very low. Maybe there are some competitions you can enter with your story. Try it! That's how it all started for me too!.
THE MOST IMPORTANT TIP OF IT ALL:
HAVE FUN, HAVE JOY AND SIMPLY WRITE, LIKE NOTHING IN THE WORLD COULD BE BETTER RIGHT NOW!